Sunday, August 28, 2005

Hakone Gardens

Today we took a small trip to Hakone Gardens in Saratoga, which was started in 1915 by Oliver and Isabel Stine. It was inspired by Mrs. Stine's visit to Japan, specifically the Fuji-Hakone National Park. Today, it is owned by the city of Saratoga and will be preserved for at least another 50 or so years. There was not much in bloom, but still plenty of interesting wildlife:

Duck with Attitude: This guy was too cool for this picture and I suspected he might fake a yawn at any moment.


Sunbathing Beauties: These two turtles had it all figured out - how to relax amid the hustle and bustle of the goldfish swimming below.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Great pics! Congrats on the new-look blog.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Thanks Jason - I'm not done with the layout, but I'm trying to figure out enough HTML to do something more original.

5:01 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Um, that duck's a she (or you may be right, you never know when ducks cross-dress). Uh oh. Can't help it. My mouth's starting to water at the thought of duck. My buddy's Thai wife makes the best duck.

Love the caption for those turtles. :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

I forgot to turn the duck over and look for the proper genitalia. :-P I didn't use to like duck (for meals), but I've had it a few times recently and it's actually pretty good.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home