Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Finally!

My son is coming to visit tomorrow and will be here through Monday - I can hardly wait to pick him up at the airport. I have missed him terribly. Most of the time I don't allow myself to say it because I don't want to dwell on it and I don't want him to feel guilty for the choice that he made.

I haven't talked much about K, but he's the best kid - I've been blessed. He's entering teenhood though, and sometimes I think I cramp his style. Not this weekend though - this weekend will be full of going to San Francisco, visiting Santa Cruz, riding go-carts (which he loves to do because he can beat me at it), and maybe even a visit to the Jelly Belly factory.

I know that by Monday, I won't be ready to see him leave, but that's a natural part of being a parent. It doesn't matter when a person goes through the "empty nest" syndrome - it's never an easy thing to let go....

10 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Justice - takes me a while sometimes, but I eventually get it. Yeah, I'm so excited for tomorrow - I'm glad I work so that I can keep my mind occupied.

6:02 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Does he live with his Dad?

6:52 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Yes - he's wanted to for a few years, but a little over a month ago is when I let him.

7:19 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Ouch Notta. I didn't realize...

Santa Cruz though is definitely the place to take him. I loved that town when I was his age. :)

9:39 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - he will love it here, I'm sure. I am glad we've been exploring so I know the cool places to take him. :-)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Your kid is so lucky if you do take him to the Jelly Belly factory. When I was a kid I never went to that stuff. Once my mom did take me to a Buttercrust Bread factory. I think jelly beans are so much better than slices of bread and pencils. Enjoy your son while he is visiting. Just make sure to embarrass him with lots of hugs and kisses in public.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - will do, chica. :-)

Angel - I try to do fun things with my son - stuff he will like. Ha, ha, I don't hug or kiss him in public - he gets way too embarrassed for that. :-P

7:31 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Notta - Have you been to that Redwood grove yet in Santa Cruz? Forgot what it's called but it's pretty nice.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Do we get to meet him?

4:26 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - It's in Santa Cruz? I'll have to look it up because we're going tomorrow. We went to Alcatraz today - pretty interesting.

Tessence - If you come to dinner on Sunday, you'll meet him. :-)

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home