Monday, July 02, 2007

Our New Home

We are officially moved in as of June 30th. My "everywhere" hurts, and I didn't even move the big stuff! I am painfully reminded of what home ownership means - we already are unable to use our washing machine because the bolt leaks when we turn the water on. Also, our fridge has taken to dripping water on the inside so that I have to put a huge wad of paper towels in there until we can get the handy man to visit. Not to be outdone, our automatic garage door appears to be possessed. Most of the time it will close when I push the little button, but sometimes, just to mock me, it will act as if it will close, then come up again. Usually this happens when I'm in a hurry or I'm late for an appointment.

Before moving in, we replaced most of the flooring, most of the baseboards, and had all of the walls painted. We decided to keep the colors neutral so that we would not have trouble selling it when the time comes.

before pic: old dirty wall, old baseboards, and filthy carpet


after pics: carpet, baseboards, and clean wall

before pic: icky carpet in bathroom

new pic: nice clean linoleum

There are a ton of things that we have on our "to do" list. The light fixtures, bathroom fixtures/sinktop, and kitchen tile are all original. But I can clean those and not have any fear of catching some disease from them.

Okay, no more dilly-dallying for me. There are a ton of boxes just waiting to be unpacked.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the before & after shots. A word about the garage door opener--ours did that once and it was because the censors were not aligned properly (in other words, it could be an easy fix).

Good luck moving in and fixing stuff.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Thanks for the well-wishes. It seems to be better once H swept the garage floor and cleaned off the sensors, but it still does it. We'll figure out things along the way. :-)

1:11 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

It sounds like your garage opener needs the downward pressure(force) adjusted. There should be a screw on the opener for this purpose. Don't turn it more than 1/8 turn at a time, then try closing the door.
This is for H's benefit; you don't need to be up on a ladder! ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - Thanks for the tip. I usually avoid ladders anyway - I'm not the most graceful. :-P

2:47 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

That happened to ours also and we had to replace it. But I am not saying this is the case for you. Our was already ten or so years old. But happy unpacking. Enjoy the new home though.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tweety - We're enjoying the fact that it's ours. :-)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads! Great feeling to actually move in.

We were homeless for awhile, living in a motel. When we found a house to move into, the first night after it closed, we slept on the carpet because it was home. One of the greatest feelings in the world.

Starting to look good. You'll be sooo happy when you're unpacked.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - Thanks! We are excited to get all unpacked. I hate not knowing where things are and having clutter. It makes me very cranky. We'll definitely be done unpacking by this weekend.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In many ways, it may feel like Christmas when you open boxes of stuff you've forgotten that you had!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Well, mostly when I was packing, I was thinking "what a lot of crap I have!". :-P

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home