Saturday, July 01, 2006

Walking Advertisement

There are certain products I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole, and then there are others that I love and swear by. When extolling the virtues of a certain product, I have been told more than once that I sound like a commercial. It's just that, when I find a product I really like, and I feel is worth the money I've spent, then it's hard for me not to get excited. So, I thought I'd share some consumer products that I can't live without (in no particular order):

Sonicare
- This dandy little electronic toothbrush has been wonderful in reducing the time that my dentist spends scraping my teeth and picking at my gums. That, in itself, is worth it because I hate going to the dentist. But it also leaves my teeth noticeably cleaner than an average toothbrush, and it helps me brush the amount of time I’m supposed to because it has a nifty little quadric-pacer.

Abreva – Recently, I’ve had the mother of all cold sores (which I usually get once a year when school lets out). My dentist prescribed me some fancy-shmancy tube of ointment (Zovirax) that I paid way too much for. Not only was it expensive, but it did not heal my ouchie. So, I broke out my trusty tube of Abreva ($13 at Target) and the thing was gone in two days. This is proof that you don’t always have to pay more for something that works well.

Coffeemate Vanilla – I love coffee, but only when I can put my vanilla Coffeemate in it. I have tried the “International Delights” brand as well as the generic Safeway brand, and they just don’t taste the same. I don’t know what I’d do if they ever stopped making Coffeemate – I guess I’d have to quit drinking coffee.

Toyota – I have had my share of cars – foreign and domestic, and I have to say that all of the American cars I’ve had are pieces of shit. I’ve driven Nissan, Toyota, Dodge, Pontiac, Chevy, and Ford, and my American cars have cost me way more in repairs than either Nissan or Toyota. I have a newer Corrolla, and yeah, it’s not the fanciest car in the world, but I really don’t care as long as I get to where I’m going with the least amount of pain and drain on my pocketbook. If I have the regular services done, I have every confidence that this car will last me at least 20 years.

Dove Shampoo – I have recently switched to Dove after trying the expensive brands on my hair. What I’ve found is that my hair does no better when I use the expensive stuff, and it actually smells better when I use Dove. And I don’t have to feel guilty for spending the $3 a bottle versus $15-30 for the foo-foo shampoos.

9 Comments:

Blogger Angelique said...

Hmm, I will have to try the Sonicare toothbrush and thank you for reminding me that I need to see my dentist. I agree I love foreign cars. My Honda is technically dead but it doesn't know it yet. She still runs great even though I have had two mechanics tell me she would last 6 months tops, that was 2 years ago. The shampoo I use is Suave, it's like a buck and kicks ass. Great post!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angelique - I'll do just about anything to make dentist visits less painful. :-P I'm such a wimp.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

International Coffee? As in "Celebrate the moments of your life" as sung on those TV commercials? Well, I've had good luck with them. Unfortunately, the only bad luck I've had with them is drinking them alone! lol! And thanks for visiting my site!!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Michael - Naw, I don't know if they have commercials about it, but I don't celebrate any moments when I drink coffee. :-P I found your site from Kari's extensive list. Thanks for visiting mine, also. :-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger United We Lay said...

I used to love flavored coffemate until I discovered real coffe. I still have the vanilla once in a while, but Colombian coffee is SO good that it needs no additions (other than sugar and milk, of course)

7:11 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

United - I supposed it's an acquired taste, although I drank coffee before all the flavored stuff came out, but just didn't like it as much. How do you know what's real Colombian coffee versus "just coffee"?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

Angelique: The most dreadful part is when the needle is shoved into the roof of your mouth followed by one in the jaw, fortunately now only the lower gnashers get attention.

N W: It is on its way from 1600 today.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Vest - Thanks! Looking forward to reading it. :-)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - Yeah, I get weird looks too, but stuff is too good to keep to myself. :-P

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home