Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Stuff Portrait Friday

I've been keeping up with Julia's blog, and she is a pretty regular participant of Stuff Portrait Friday. It's pretty simple - there are three categories per week that you get a picture of, then post it on your blog. I like challenges, so here is my first shot at Stuff Portrait Friday:

SHOW MY SUPPORT
Because my job gets me up early, and exercising before work means I have to drag my ass outta bed around 4:45 a.m., I am in full support of my caffiene addiction. I know that supposedly, I'd have more energy without it, but I'm just not buying it. I think the fact that I don't have addictions that are worse is the reason I keep justifying my dependence on the brown grit.


SHOW MY SACRIFICE
I have two main sacrifices during most of the year - time and sleep. I've always been a person who needs at least 8 hours of sleep a night just to function the next day. Time is something I seem to never have enough of. The workdays are filled with "have to's" and my time on weekends, even when spent doing enjoyable activities, is too short. It seems like I'm never ready for work when Monday morning rolls around.


SHOW SOMETHING RED
This is the second baby blanket that I've been knitting. I have about 1/3 of it done, so there is still a lot to get done on it. It's nice though, because it's done in a simple seed stitch, which does not require me to count stitches, and then subsequently lose my place and mess up the pattern. I think a simpler pattern works with this blanket, since the color is vibrant.

4 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Seed stitch is my favorite pattern!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - I like it because it's the same on both sides. Plus, no counting. :-P

9:00 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I like your blankie, very cute. Makes me wish I had the patience to try knitting. I want to tell you that I felt great when I quit caffeine but I fell off the wagon so hard and fast because I need the stuff to study and pull all nighters. Maybe when I get out of school I can quit but for now I can say that I can not do with out.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angelique - I'll have to end up quitting caffiene soon, but until that time, I'm going to enjoy. :-)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home