Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Don't Know Just What To Do With Myself

I have not been in a funk, but I've not been exactly happy. Not the kind of happy I'd expect. Things are fine with Jellybean - I've had my blood test screener (AFP, I think it's called). As far as I know, nothing out of the ordinary showed up. This coming Saturday, we have the ultrasound in which we can figure out the sex of the baby. I should be excited about that too. I'm done with morning sickness and heartburn, and I don't even need the Prilosec anymore. It's hard for me not to compare this pregnancy with my first one. I was so much younger and less informed, but infinitely less worried (and happier). School is out for the summer and I do not have to go back in the fall, which hasn't truly hit me yet. Work now is going well - I'm basically working part time and loving it. My kiddos are very cute and they are at the age where it's still okay to be excited about things. One little boy runs out of his house and stands in his driveway jumping up-and-down and clapping when he sees me drive up. He remains there until I walk in with my huge cart of toys. How can you not smile at that kind of enthusiasm? My business partner and I are starting to finalize plans so that we're ready to start in September, which will be good timing. Most of the kiddos I currently see will be off of my caseload in September/October because they will become part of the public school system. K is here for the summer and we're having a good time. We just got back from Toys R Us where we bought Monopoly (his favorite board game). I can't believe I didn't have it already. H has been helping K with Algebra, although I help out a little bit. Our goal for him is basically for him to maintain skills over the summer and not suffer from rotting brain. Our new townhome is fine for the moment - there are only minor annoyances that need to be taken care of. We just had our first house guest last weekend, which went well. It's nice when you first move in because you can get a little bit of slack for things being not the most "put together". Also, I put our stove to the test, and nothing blew up, so that's a plus. We have no big trips planned, which is fine. I'm not sure I have the energy for one anyway. Okay, okay.. maybe I am in a bit of a funk. Like Cameron Diaz sang (in the most horrid singing voice ever), I don't know just what to do with myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

You will get out of this smiling and realizing what a funny situation it was. I know I felt that way before we moved but I wasnt pregnant on top of it this time thankfully. The last time we moved before into the house I was four days from having Brianna. I was at the end and didnt care if I went into labor or not. I just wanted it over with. But glad to hear you are enjoying the new home even with its few small disturbances.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tweety - I know it will all work out fine. Maybe it's just that a lot is happening at once. Yes, we're settling into our place just fine. It's good not to be in limbo. :-)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kiddos are very cute and they are at the age where it's still okay to be excited about things.

I love this age. Why do kids lose this? Is it because we tell them not to show too much emotion?

As for Monopoly, I think we have two or three Monopolys floating around.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - I think why some kids lose the excitement is not just because of parents. I see a lot of kids "lose it" in elementary school - especially around third or fourth grade. It's just not cool to be overly excited about stuff in front of your peers. The general ed kids learn it early, it's the special ed kids who hold on to the excitement factor a bit longer.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home