Saturday, February 25, 2006

I've Succumbed to the Craze


I have no idea why, but I have succumbed to the Su Doku craze, thanks to my brother and his girlfriend (who are visiting this weekend). When I walk into a bookstore, that's usually the first thing I see - a rack of Su Doku books. Until this weekend, I have been able to resist. However, once I was shown how to play the game and what the objective was, I haven't been able to quit playing. It reminds me of when I first discovered Text Twist on the Yahoo game page - I played it until my eyes crossed. For some reason, it felt really good to use my mind in a different way than I normally do. This is part of the same attraction that Su Doku holds - that I have think in a way that's not natural for me. I think it's because of this that I can justify wasting my time that could be spent on other pursuits. What those pursuits would be and their usefulness, I can't say. We'll see how long this latest craze of mine lasts....

4 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Our local paper carries these. I haven't DARED to start. I know that I'd get hooked!
I, too, love little puzzle games that stretch my mind.
I've wanted to start Z on these. I think it would help to direct his brain. Here again, comes the threat of ME becoming addicted. I just don't have time right now. :(

6:26 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - K received an electronic puzzle game for Christmas, but I know he hasn't gotten into it yet. He's always had trouble with math, so I think when he sees numbers, he just has a "mental block" about it. Time is always an issue for me.

7:48 AM  
Blogger C said...

Terrible isn't it? But sooo addictive. I'm planning to order a couple of the Spongebob sticker sudokus for my 2 littles. (picture patterns instead of numbers) I think they're great for the brain!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Actually, they are great for the brain. But I have to be careful about not getting addicted to one more thing.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home