Wednesday, September 06, 2006

License Plate Holders That I'd Never Have


I was driving down the road today and, while sitting behind and orangish BMW or some such car, I read the license plate holder, which said "YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO RICH OR TOO THIN". Of all the messages to have on a license plate holder, that's one of the last ones I'd choose. Other license plate holders I'd never have include:
  • anything with sequins or bling on it (too flashy)
  • any saying with the word "PRINCESS" in it (gag!)
  • wording similar to the "NURSES DO IT WITH CARE" line - mostly because I can't figure out how speech therapist would "do it"
  • anything starting with "I'D RATHER BE....", especially if it ends with "shopping" or "golfing"
  • anything with the phrase "HAPPINESS IS...", because even when I'm at my happiest, I don't want it defined by one single moment or activity
  • "I _____ THEREFORE I AM" (insert favorite hobby into the blank) - again, I don't want to be defined by just one thing
  • "YOU SHOULD SEE ME WITH MY TOP OFF" - Do I really need to call that much attention to myself?
  • "I BRAKE FOR ________" (insert favorite mundane activity or noun)
  • "JESUS LOVES YOU" - save it for church - not everyone on the road believes in Jesus
  • "MY OTHER CAR IS A ______" - Why would anyone care which type of car I drive?
  • "WORLD'S GREATEST MOTHER" - (putting pinky to mouth in Dr. Evil style) No, not really, I can't back that up

9 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

L once saw a bumper sticker that said: "My wife's other car is a broom!" I failed to see the humor.

My daughter bought me a "Stupid people shouldn't breed" bumper sticker. I DO believe this, but I haven't put in on my vehicle. I don't want to offend the wrong people.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - That's the thing - you never know who you'd piss off. People have guns and knives on them. I just don't take a chance, and I usually don't make eye contact while driving. It's just asking for trouble. I believe and express a lot of things in the safety of my own home.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

LOL, next time someday dares to mention the name Jesus in my presence, I'm gonna say, "SAVE IT FOR CHURCH." Love it.

Our license plate holder says, "UW Wisconsin Alumni" or something like that.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - Even though I grew up Christian, and I still believe in Jesus, God, heaven/hell, etc. I just get annoyed with the "spread the word" part of religion. People should be able to believe what they want and not have "Jesus" shoved in their face. For the record, I have no strong feelings about UW Wisconsin plate holders. :-P

Kitkat - "Slowly and multiple times" - I like that. Maybe in my 20's that would have fit more. :-P I go between feeling entertained by driving habits and annoyed, depending on the time of the month it is.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I keep seeing those bumper stickers that say "My son/daughter is an honor student at Too Smart Elementary". I recently saw a bumper sticker that said "My kid can beat up your honor student", I about died from laughing.

My favs are Star Trek bumper stickers and those annoying, "Thespians do it on the stage". I love 'em.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angelique - I've seen those stickers, too. I seem to have missed the Star Trek ones. :-P

6:40 AM  
Blogger Vest said...

My ma in law drove a six foot eight cylinder six tie broom stick with a black cat co pilot.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Vest - You'd better be careful. She knows you said that. :-P

4:52 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

Its strange, but I turned up at my associations AGM some years back, my car plates read; KGVOOO, at the next meeting all but two members had car plates showing KGVOO2 and up to KGVOO9. A search did not reveal who had KGVOO1, a missing member maybe.
KGV, aka HMS KING GEORGE V a WW2 British Battleship 39,000 tons,in which us children 17-19 ave age served during WW2. We are a proud lot of whom I am the youngest member.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home