Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hug the Potholder


While I've been visiting my mom in Spokane, we have been working on making these cute heart-shaped potholders. These are the ones with the fabric I selected, and mom has some cute ladybug and teapot ones.
On a side note, making this project made me think of a time when I had a bunch of friends over to my house for a party. We always played group games like Pictionary and the like. One of my friends was a high school counselor and suggested we play a game called "Hug the Potholder". So he took one person aside and explained the game and the "hugger" waited in a separate area. Then the lucky hugger was brought back in and given a set of parameters and then was instructed to "hug the potholder". There was a potholder on the center of the floor with everyone else in a circle surrounding the confused "hugger". So, you hug the potholder every which way you can think of until your actions are deemed worthy by the judge. Only after humiliating yourself in a variety of positions with the potholder do you see one of your friends in the circle holding a cast-iron pot. Moral of this story? If someone asks you to play "Hug the Potholder", be afraid. Also, beware of anyone with a camera, as they might get some interesting butt-shots that can be used at a later time in some kind of bribery or blackmail situation.

10 Comments:

Blogger Angelique said...

Pretty cool potholders. I don't usually play boardgames but I was once held hostage at my in-laws house playing the oldest version of Trivial Pursuit known to man. Let's just say that at the end of the game people ran to the door before she could suggest a second game. Happy Holidays, Notta!

4:00 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Those potholders are very cute, but rest assured I won't be hugging 'em anytime soon. ;D

A very Merry Christmas to you!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angelique - Thanks! I like games, but I'm going to make sure what the game is next time. Trivial Pursuit... I've not played that in ages. Happy Holidays!

SME - Merry Christmas!!

8:37 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I need to start making potholders. You sure can't buy a thick enough one anymore. :(

Enjoy your holidays with your family!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - I know, I thought they wouldn't be as thick as store-bought, but they are nicer and thicker so that my hands won't get burnt. I'm back home from my travels, but had a very good time at home for the holidays. I hope you had a good holiday season too!

5:06 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Yes they are very pretty pot holders. Hubby bought me a few when we moved into the house and they are nice but those look even better.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tweety - I like these because they can be any fabric you want. I'm going to look for more fabric - they are fun to make and they go together pretty quickly.

2:18 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I own a sewing maching but cant figure out how to get it threaded. Funny huh?? Hubby bought it for me a few years ago and I needed to change thread and couldnt figure out how to change it. Now its in a box in the basement and no idea when I will get to using it again.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Aww... I hate to see sewing machines not being used. :-/ I hope that a special project comes along that makes you want to break out the machine. :-)

8:08 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I am going ot have to bring it home with me and have my godmother show me how to rethread it in March when we go. She is helping me make new quilts for the girls so they can put there baby quilts away for there own babies some day. LOL.. I would love to learn how to make you potholders though. I think those are awsome. Well anyway I think hubby will be home in about twenty minutes got to go see whats for dinner. I missed lunch again today so I am hungry anway. LOL...

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home