Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm ready, but Jellybean is apparently not

Okay, I'm ready to have this baby. I'm officially 39 weeks and I'm frickin' huge. I don't sleep because of BH contractions that are supposed to be painless - mine aren't, especially when paired with back and lower abdominal cramps. I've had them regularly (sometimes not so regularly) for the past two weeks and it's getting old. I'm running out of things that I can either disinfect or put in our washing machine, unless I want to start washing things a second time. On the plus side, I've had time to thoroughly clean my house, get my hair cut, and buy a couple of pairs of stretchy cozy pants which I intend to live in for the next month or so. Also, I'm glad that it looks like my mom will be able to be here for the birth, which we both really wanted. At least this is not like when I was pregnant with K and stuck inside the house for the last month or so because of the worst snowstorm in Spokane since the 1960's - I can still get out of the house.

Tomorrow, I will go to (hopefully) my last doctor appointment and see if all these contractions have done any good. It's nice to know that I have an endpoint - the doc will induce if Jellybean doesn't appear by the 20th of this month. In the meantime, I'm inventing things now that need to be done around our house, and will be soon making up my own recipes to freeze. Heaven help us all!

** Update: I went to the doc today and my blood pressure is high (it's been up and down the last few weeks). Looks like I'll be induced tomorrow.

11 Comments:

Blogger mckay said...

i miss being preggers and i doubt i will ever be pregnant again, so enjoy every uncomfortable moment and know that it's a wonderful time in your life...even if it is a pain.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

You're right. Honestly, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy, which I know I'm lucky to have. I didn't even waddle until just a few weeks ago and I've been able to keep pretty busy. I can't imagine some women who are put on bedrest - I would go crazy. :-P

5:33 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I wont be having anymore.I had my tubes tied and cauterized so no more here. I have two already though. If we want more babies I guess we will just have to adopt. I would like a boy someday. When the girls get a little older. So yes enjoy the rest of the pregancy and cant wait to see photo's of the little guy.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tweety - Boys are lots of fun. I'm looking forward to meeting ours. I'm trying to keep some paper handy or my laptop handy so that I can journal about my experience. I love that I have technology that wasn't available when I had K.

11:17 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I loved being pregnant, but that last month is always the longest. The anticipation of finally getting to hold your baby is nerve wracking. ;)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - Funny, but now that I know it will be happening tomorrow at the latest, I'm not sure I'm ready. :-P

6:47 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Best of luck to you and hope Jellybean is 100% healthy. :)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers, also. Pictures to come...

9:34 PM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

Wow. I have heard it hurts worse when you have to be induced. But it will be worth the little extra pain after you see the little face unless you have already. Take care.

8:06 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

OK, where's the pictures?

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kori said...

Oh, man, I can't figure out when you put your update on, so I'm figuring that by now you must be holding jellybean. :) I hope all is well, and when you have a chance, email us the details---we'd love to give you and the hubby some formal congratulations!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home