Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR: my family and friends

TRADITIONS I LOVE: getting together with family, mashed potatoes and gravy

FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPE: scalloped corn



RECIPE:

2 cans of corn, mostly drained, but with a little juice left
~3/4 cup crushed saltines
~3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
~3/4 cup of milk
1 egg, beaten
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together and place in 8x8 pan. Garnish with paprika, if desired. Bake for around 60 minutes or until completely "set" in the middle.

Disclaimer: This recipe has approximations since my grandmother made this from her memory.

7 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Scalloped corn is Z's favorite. I've never put cheese on it before, but I know that Z would REALLY love that!

I hope you had a peace-filled Thanksgiving.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - I had a hard time finding the recipe online. Some recipes were rather fancy, and I just wanted the kind my grandma made. K also likes it quite well - I'm glad I made it yesterday.

I had a quiet Thanksgiving, other than getting my butt kicked at Monopoly. :-P I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!!

6:28 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I suppose after so many years of making it you dont need to measure. But thanks anyway for the recipe. I just might check this out. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never had it.

For Thanksgiving, I helped make the stuffing and helped drink the wine.

Hope your Thanksgiving went great!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tweety - Thanks! Hope your Thanksgiving was good, too! :-)

ZS - Happy belated Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a good one. :-)

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! The scalloped corn looks pretty good. You know, for years growing up, I only ate corn on the cob. I couldn't stand the canned stuff. Now I have a new love for it, so maybe I'll give the recipe a shot.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Kit - Hope you had a good Thanksgiving also! :-)

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home