Sunday, September 11, 2005

My Visit to the Zoo




My visit to San Diego was pretty good - it was my first time there and, of course, we visited the Zoo. Even though I'm not into turtle watching, I thought this guy was pretty interesting. He had a look on my face like "you've got to be kidding me". Can turtles have that look? What are the thoughts that turtles have? Are they ever bothered by how incredibly slow they move?








The pandas were kind of sleepy today, but they looked so cute. It's the first time I've seen a panda (except for on television). Something that is bothersome for me is that they shuffle these pandas around to different zoos. First, it's bad enough to be in a zoo as opposed to your natural habitat, but it would be worse to move around. I know I hate moving - all that packing and cleaning to do!



Okay, now to my favorite part of any zoo visit - the gorillas. This is not the best picture that I took, but I could sit and watch gorillas all day long. I love how playful they are and the expressions on their faces. On our visit, there were about four gorillas - all very active. They chased each other all over the place and some were even hiding along the side of the rocky cliff and would pop their heads up quickly to see if they'd been spotted.

We also visited Balboa Park - I won't bore you with those pictures because they are mostly of flowers. I've been attempting to improve on using my "macro" feature on my digital camera. I must say, though, Balboa Park is the nicest park I've ever been to. It has a ton of museums, flower gardens, a pond with water lilies (I love water lilies), and beautifully architectured buildings. It's also home of the largest organ I've ever seen. No, not the internal kind - the church kind.

9 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Our family LOVES zoos!! That's always the first place we hit when we visit a new city.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Justice and Storm - you guys should visit the zoo next time you're in San Diego. Balboa park is next to it and is worth a visit also. :-)

TSHS - I like different zoos, but they must have gorillas. :-P

5:04 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

My fav part of the MN Zoo is the dolphins. I usually spend the most time with the big cats and elephants.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Big cats also fascinate me. I've been to Minneapolis and never knew they had a Zoo! :-/

8:30 PM  
Blogger Eren said...

This makes me want to go to the zoo right now!! You got some really nice pics! Oh yes and thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog!!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool zoo photos!! Did you got to see the baby panda?

11:16 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

What are the thoughts that turtles have?

Not much. I don't think any reptile is smart. I'm all about animal intelligence, but reptiles are on the dumb side of the spectrum.

As for San Diego, so cool you had a good time. I really need to go there.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Eren - I saw your blog on "blogs of note" and I keep visiting because I love your artwork. :-) SD Zoo would be a good inspiration for you.

Alina - I saw the baby panda, but it's already big (if I was looking at the panda I thought I was). :-)

ZS - SD is nice - I'm looking forward to another visit.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - Yeah, I was a bit disappointed that the pandas weren't more active, but at least the line wasn't long to get in to see them. :-P

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home