Friday, September 08, 2006

Best Radio Commercial Out There... Hands Down

Since I've gone back to work, I've been spending way too much time in my car trying to get to and fro. Usually it's a drag, but on several of the stations I flip between, they play the best damn commercial I've heard in a long time. The commercials are for Bud Light beer and are introducted with inspirational music and the lead in "Real Men of Genius" and are hilarious - I cannot listen to one without laughing. The latest one is "Mr. Hair Gel Overgeller", which talks about the guy who forms stalagmites (or is it stalagtites?) with his Dippity DOOOO. From this website, you may also enjoy such treasures as "Mr. Push Up Bra Inventor" and "Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy". Maybe I'm easily amused, but hearing a commercial saluting silly men and the crazy things they do always puts a smile on my face.

8 Comments:

Blogger Purring said...

I'm a fan of those spots too. Love 'em.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Yay - I'm not the only one. :-P

6:24 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Don't forget "Mr. Giant Pointing Finger Guy." Epu keeps trying to make me watch the beer commercials on TV now with the barbarian guy. Obviously that one's resonating with men.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - Is that a Bud Light commercial? I've never seen it, I don't think. The only ones I know about are the radio spots. H was listening to them this morning and the "Mr. Dog Clothes Maker Guy" is funny too.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There's nothing better than "Silly Humor! I like the Geico commercial with Little Richard trying to anticipate what to say. He is a scream! I've seen him live and he is quite the comedian!!! lol!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Michael - There's another good Geico commercial with Burt Bacharach. It's similar to the Little Richard one.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Notta, I love these radio commercials but I can not listen to them right now because my husband stole my speakers. Don't worry I am stealing them back. Thanks for the link because I didn't know that you could listen to these bad boys online. These commercials always make me laugh.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angelique - I wish you success in getting your speakers back. My mouse goes missing every once in a while. /huff!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home