Monday, October 03, 2005

Bills to Pay

Okay, Mondays aren't bad enough, but I still haven't gotten paid. I have a nice stack of bills, including rent, just waiting to be paid, but no paycheck. Forget the fact that I've been working since August 18, got my direct deposit form turned in mid-August, and it's now October 3rd and I have yet to be paid for over a month and a half of work. Working in the schools takes some getting used to, but most people don't realize we only get paid once per month - on the last working day of the month. That's IF you aren't new and IF they get off their asses and get the direct deposit set up and IF they don't mail out your check to your home address without even asking you (instead of holding it at the office so I could have picked it up Friday). Grrr....

5 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - I'm so annoyed right now and I know I'm harping on it, but it's worse because when I talk to the person in payroll, her response is "just wait a few days". Grrr...

Justice - Oh yeah, we get paid right before Christmas too, but always with the disclaimer "Remember you don't get paid until the end of January, so be careful". :-P

6:37 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Storm said it best!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - I finally got paid today. Sheesh!

TSHS - I get cranky when stuff like that happens. I was compaining to a co-worker about it and she was telling me that she used to work in accounting in a place and she said "If there's one thing you don't screw with, it's people's paychecks.". I wholeheartedly agree. :-P

5:32 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Yikes. I had no idea it worked like that. I can't imagine not getting two paychecks a month.

I hope you'll get it before any bills are overdue.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - Luckily I got it yesterday (Tues), so my bills will go out on time. I've been used to only being paid once a month, so I know how to budget for the whole month. When I first started working, it was quite a shock. :-P

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home