Saturday, September 24, 2005

Estoy Aqui!

"I am here", roughly translated from the little Spanish I remember from my college days. Aqui's is the name of the place where I had drinks yesterday after work with my co-workers. I've been there a little over a month and they've gone out a few times and this is the first time I've been invited. Quite a turn-out too - there were about 13 of us. Aqui's makes a mean margarita. Now I'm not a dainty little girl - I can handle a lot, but one margarita just about knocked me over! Thank goodness for the quesadillas and guacamole. It's funny to watch a group of teachers get together. They don't even have to have one drink in them before they become the loudest table in the establishment. People were sharing personal stories and joking about various topics - everyone had a smile on their face. That is until the principal showed up. Someone invited the principal?!? It was interesting how things changed after that point. Two noticeable things happened - people started leaving and it got much quieter. I like my principal - she's a great person.... at work. I usually make it a habit not to fraternize outside of work with my supervisors (a lesson I learned from my days slinging hot dogs and pizza at Costco deli). Considering everything, it was still an enjoyable time and I was happy just to be included.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

She might be cool and all, but still, who invited the principal? :p

12:46 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - I know, teachers are supposed to be these upright individuals absolutely all the time. :-P Then there's reality...

ZS - I don't know - when I find out, I'll kick her. (not really)

7:58 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Well, that's a little different from what I meant. Personally, I do feel badly when a teacher gets fired for misconduct because it just makes it worse for the rest of us who, while human, would never do anything to hurt our students. There is a huge difference between going out after work and having a drink and molesting children. I hope you didn't take my post as cavalier because it wasn't intended that way.

8:33 AM  
Blogger consise10 said...

Thats a funny scenario Notta . Thanks for your blog.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

NP Concise - I'll have to stop by your blog. :-)

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home