Sunday, September 25, 2005

My New Machine

Well, here it is. This is what I've been saving up for (although I didn't have to save for long due to an unexpected cash flow)- the one thing that I got rid of when I was in Washington that I wish I hadn't sold - my sewing machine. I've been sewing since I was 10 - my grandma taught me and the first thing I made was a red set of flannel pajamas. Over the years, I've made some simple things like children's clothings and craft items, but also some more difficult things like my sister's concert dresses (which were semi-formal), and even a wedding gown. Last year, I decided to get into quilting and made my first quilt. The project I was in the middle of when I moved was a set of six placemats, which I will now be able to finish. More details and pictures to come as I get to know my new sewing machine.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Ooh, my husband will be jealous.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

LOL - I figured he would be. :-P

6:26 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - It's not too hard. I know - too many toys. I'm getting tired of replacing my stuff that I got rid of in WA. Next on list: pots/pans and a decent knife set.

4:24 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

My wife wants me to buy her one of those. She's the assistant for the one who makes the clothes for the local Shakespeare in the Park.

Sewing is cool. I don't do it myself, but have utmost respect for folks who do. Now, if you want me to make you into a zombie, I could do that. I'm awesome with stage make-up.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - There is a sewing shop near where I live that had them on sale - that's the only reason why I got that one. I can't wait to try it out! Your wife must be very talented - those costumes have a lot of detail to them.

Hmm..zombie makeup? I'll keep a mental note of that. :-P

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home