Wednesday, September 21, 2005

FPWLA (Pronounced "fip-wi-la")

This stands for "For People Who Love Acronyms". I have had nothing but meetings this week after my regularly scheduled day and I'm getting a bit tired of all the acronyms that are thrown around. Here are some acronyms that have been tossed around with their real meanings and also the meanings I made up in my head to amuse myself during these long meetings:

TILT:
Real Meaning - Teacher Intervention Learning Team
My Meaning - Tender Ingrates Love Torture

SST:
Real Meaning - Student Success Team
My Meaning - Stupendous Shit Throwing

IEP:
Real Meaning - Individualized Education Plan
My Meaning - Insipid Elephants wear Protection

FAPE:
Real Meaning - Free and Appropriate Public Education
My Meaning - Find All Prepubescent Eels

DI:
Real Meaning - Direct Instruction
My Meaning - Donkey Intercourse

Yes, I really do pay attention during meetings, but sometimes a little comic relief is JWIN (Just What I Need).

5 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

I think that's the BEST part of homeschooling for me...no more acronym meetings!!
When Z first started in SPED, it took me 6 months to figure out the significance of all the acronyms!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - I know, and to my shame, I use them too. Even though I know better... :-P

7:35 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I hate acronyms. At work, they actually quiz us on some of their acronyms. I got to get out of there. Please, find me another job!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - A quiz?!? Ugh - I don't blame you for finding new work. :-P

Julia - How time consuming - I would have needed a cheat sheet to read the technical orders.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - Other people doodle in meetings or actually participate... I make up stuff. :-P Glad you liked it. :-)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home