Wednesday, November 30, 2005

20 Questions

How old do you feel? I feel older than my 33 years. Mentally and spiritually, I feel in my 50’s or 60’s because I think about death and dying and what I’ve done with my life and if I would do anything differently. Physically, I’d say late 30’s.
What do you believe is the meaning of life? To do the best you can with what you’ve got and to make a difference in this world.
Why is the sky blue?
So that country singers can have something to compare blue eyes to.
What is your favorite thing to cook?
I like to BBQ, but unfortunately I don’t have a BBQ yet.
What would your last meal be? A chicken burrito from Chipotle (with lots of guacamole).
What is the youngest age you have memories of? I remember from when I was 3 or 4 when my mom was making a gift for my grandparents and I wanted to help, but she wouldn’t let me. Instead, I got sent to bed because, if my memory serves me, my idea of “helping” was running around the table.
What is your favorite thing in the world?
Chocolate.
What living person would you want to meet? Arnie, so that I can give him a sound slap (not in a good way).
What dead person would you want to meet? Monet – I love impressionism.
Where in the world would you like to live?
Hmm….I like where I live now, but I wish I could have more of my friends and family closeby.
Who has the most influence on you? My mother – she has always been the person closest to me and I always wonder what she thinks of things I’m doing in my life or decisions I’ve made.
What is your favorite dessert?
Hmm… I have a sweet-tooth and a love for chocolate, so anything with chocolate.
Can you make cookies from scratch? Yep, just show me a recipe and I can make it.
Would you rather be single forever with a great family or be with your soul mate and have no family.? I’d rather have my family.
What is your favorite scented candle? French vanilla.
Have you ever read the bible?
I’ve not read it cover-to-cover, but I’ve read much of it. Do I remember all the parts? Nope.
Who do you dislike most in the world?
Idiotic drivers.
What is your ideal date?
Very mellow – a nice quiet dinner, music, leisurely walk somewhere romantic.
What is your favorite shape?
Shape? I like princess cut diamonds – that’s the shape that’s caught my eye lately. :-P
What color do you feel represents you? Gray or green – kind of understated, nothing flashy, and goes well with khakis.
Would you rather be honest and poor, or a liar and rich? Jeez, what’s with the black and whites of the world? There must be an in-between….
What is your ideal ice cream creation? Take my Starbuck’s mocha and put it with vanilla ice cream, with more chocolate in it.
What is your favorite thing to do? Lately, knit and sew – I have to be able to create things and see visible progress with something.
What is your favorite junk food? Duh… chocolate.
What is the longest you've gone without talking to anyone?
I talk for a living, so I never go that long without talking to someone.
What is your favorite board game? Settlers of Catan (although no one plays it with me).
What is your favorite book? The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein. Also, even though I’m still reading parts of it, The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama.
What toy have you always wanted and never gotten?
Hmm, I’ve always gotten the toys I wanted – I guess I was pretty spoiled as a child.
What item could you not go without during the day? Coffee.
Do you consider yourself smart? I’m book smart. My friends laugh, though, because I’m not always “street smart”.
How old were you when life was the hardest?. Early 20’s. As my grandma used to say, “I didn’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out”. It wasn’t that bad, but just financially tough.
Is there anything you have to do every day?
Tinkle.
Do you curse in front of family? Yep – bad habit of mine.
If you had to get back with an ex who would it be? I’m with a fellow blogger, Storm – once an ex, always an ex.
When was the last time you felt truly loved by someone? I feel loved every day – from the kids I work with, to my son, to my family and friends, to my b/f.
What character trait would you change about yourself? My temper.
Which of your five senses would you give up?
Smell (although taste goes when smell goes, so really it’s like giving up two senses).
What do you do when the power goes out? Light some candles and find a window to look out. If there’s a fireplace, light a fire and watch it while cuddling in a blanket.
Would you rather spend the night out or in? In my twenties, I’d have said “out”. Now that I’m over 30, “in”.

11 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Erik and I both like to play Settlers -- we'll have to have a Settlers night sometime.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - I'd love to have you guys over. We'll have to work out a good time. :-)

Storm - I am remembering all the crazy country song lyrics - it was the first thing that came to my mind. :-P

10:22 AM  
Blogger Purring said...

Very fun. Thanks for sharing.

10:56 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Isn't it amazing that once we hit 30, going out and putting up with loud, abnoxious people loses our interest?

2:29 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Kari - I stole this from Storm's blog, so feel free to lift it from mine. :-)

TSHS - My tolerance level has decreased considerably. :-P

Dadog - Those are my good points - you've not seen my worst traits. People always look good on paper. ;-)

5:55 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

I like your answer for the perfect shape. I like princess cut diamonds, too. Though, I would have guessed your color as a robin's egg blue, calming and comfy like a soft place to land.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angel - I almost said "blue" for my color because it is my favorite, but I'm not always a calming influence. :-P

Dadog - I don't even DO yardwork (but still manage to end up stinky at the end of the day). :-P

6:31 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

What do you believe is the meaning of life? To do the best you can with what you’ve got and to make a difference in this world.

That's pretty cool.

What is your favorite thing to cook? I like to BBQ, but unfortunately I don’t have a BBQ yet.

You'll need to visit us in Chico sometime. Come up in the Spring when it's nice. We have fat bar-be-ques with lots of people over. Good conversation, good company, and surprisingly, light drinking.

What dead person would you want to meet? Monet – I love impressionism.

I used to hate impressionism until I saw it in real life at an exhibit recently in Santa Barbara. I didn't realize that you have to see it in real life to really appreciate it. I was looking up close and some lady told me to back up. I backed up and my jaw dropped. Now I like it.

Who do you dislike most in the world? Idiotic drivers.

Me too. I've been meaning to post about idiotic drivers. Just haven't yet.

What is your ideal ice cream creation? Take my Starbuck’s mocha and put it with vanilla ice cream, with more chocolate in it.

Sounds yummy. I like crunchiness too. Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. That's my fav, so it would be similar to that or yours.

Would you rather spend the night out or in? In my twenties, I’d have said “out”. Now that I’m over 30, “in”.

Feel the same way. Love it when people come over for bar-be-ques, which I guess is easy on us. I just cook the other stuff, then throw the marinated meat on the grill when the people start arriving. But there's nothing like a night with me and Mrs. Z after Junior's gone to sleep.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - That sounds like fun. How far is Chico from San Jose? I have not posted on idiotic drivers either because I could go on and on. :-P

1:11 PM  
Blogger Bert said...

i am so going to copy you on my blog! great idea! and very informative!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Bert - Go for it. :-)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home