Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sexiest Man Alive?!?

So, I don't normally read "PEOPLE" and today is no exception. However, as I'm sitting here letting my anti-biotics kick in to combat the strange bacterial infection in my throat that supposedly is not strep, I see this on my Yahoo page. Who decides that Matthew McConaughey is the "sexiest man alive"? The writers at "PEOPLE" didn't ask me, that's for certain. Although I do agree with their 1985 choice of Mel Gibson (pre-PASSION and smack in the middle of being a Lethal Weapon), I would not have picked Mr. McConaughey for this year (or any year). I can think of much more deserving candidates. I've always liked the more rugged (and usually older) guys in Hollywood like these two:


For this year, though, I'd have to say Matthew Fox (the doc from "Lost") is my top vote. So ladies, who is your ultimate "sexiest man alive"?

11 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I vote for me!
Just kidding.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

This is for the ladies, ZS. And also because I never talk about this sort of thing. If you can have your "hot babe" posts, then I can have my "sexiest man alive" post. :-P

10:08 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

mmmm... lately it's Patrick Dempsey from "Grey's Anatomy." For the first time since I was 14, I feel like putting up a huge poster on my bedroom wall of someone. How can he be so hot???? It defies both science and common sense.

Historically, it's John Cusack and Robert Sean Leonard, altho RSL hasn't really been seen in Hollywood since "Dead Poets Society."

12:22 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - Yeah, I forgot about Patrick Dempsey (because I don't watch Grey's Anatomy). I don't know who Robert Sean Leonard is.

DaDog - Yeah, your wife has good taste, then. :-P

7:24 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - Eh, to each her own. :-P

I am a northerner - southern drawls do nothing for me. ;-) Now, why that's different from a person who can speak French, Spanish, or Italian, I have no idea, but I like those accents.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - Good choices. I remember commenting on Gary Oldman on one of your blog entries. :-P

8:52 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Liam is VERY sexy in an "old shoe" kind of way.

ZS, how about if we vote for you as the sexiest MIND?

3:06 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - My idea of sexy has never been conventional. You'd think I was crazy if I told you some of my other picks. :-P I went with my most mainstream ones.

5:13 PM  
Blogger agirloutthere said...

Have to agree with you on Viggo. I also think Mr. Depp and Mr. Farrell are in the running. Normally, I don't think I'd mention this guy, but after watching Jarhead, Jake Gyllenhaal is on the radar.

Thanks for the fun diversion!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

thegirl

6:57 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Agirl - I forgot about Jake Gyllenhall. :-P

What did you think about Jarhead?

10:41 AM  
Blogger agirloutthere said...

Some people will not like it, but Aaron and I appreciated it. Actually, I would be interested in reading the book, written by the person Jake portrayed.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home