Monday, November 28, 2005

My Cup Runneth Over...

This is a picture of my Thanksgiving feast at my mom's place. It was a wonderful weekend, even though it was cold and icky out. Now that I look at this picture, I remember a sense of warmth, peace, and happiness at being with ones I love on Thanksgiving.

Now that I'm back to reality, I still want to hold on to that feeling I had this weekend. So, I'm remembering what I am thankful for each and every day, no matter where I am:

  • I am thankful that the ones I love are healthy.
  • I'm grateful for my own health.
  • Thank goodness for my job that allows me to live comfortably.
  • I am grateful that I have good friends and wonderful family who love and accept me for who I am.

8 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

LOL - my family is now used to the fact that my digital camera is simply an extension of my hand, and therefore is with me at all times. We had a small gathering - my mom, brother, b/f, son, and me. :-)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Purring said...

My Fritos suddenly taste like dirty feet. *sigh*

2:51 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

What more could you possibly ask for?!
You dish up a VERY tidy plate.;)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - I wish I could have brought home leftovers - it's one of the great things about Thanksgiving. :-P

Kari - Aww, fritos have their place, too. :-)

TSHS - Everything on my dinner plate always has its place - I forgot to mention that as one of my idiosyncrasies. I don't like my food mixed. :-P

3:41 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I was wondering about that. I'm that way too. My potatoes or pasta has to be on top, my meat on the bottom, and my vegies on the right. Glad it's not just me.;)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Ha, ha - no, you're not the only one. :-P

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

Ah, I was just about to ask if she was in CA, but the post below answered that question.

Good thing about Thanksgiving if done right is you're supposed to say some things you're thankful for. Glad you did that. I'm thankful for about the same things. Nice post.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - I think a lot of people forget about that part of Thanksgiving - reminding ourselves how much there is to be grateful for. Hope your Thanksgiving trip was a good one. :-)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home