Monday, November 07, 2005

KISS Saves Santa

H and I have been watching the earlier episodes of The Family Guy and, I have to say, they are pretty amusing. To get us into the spirit of Christmas, we saw the Christmas episode right before they cancelled the show. I love all the references that they use in this show - like Peter becoming engrossed in watching "KISS Saves Santa" at the local mall while doing a little holiday shopping. It reminded me of all the specials that my brothers and sister and me used to watch during winter break. All during our vacation, Yogi's First Christmas was aired, along with The Peanuts Christmas, and Frosty The Snowman. As I got older, I loved to see A Christmas Story with the little boy with the BB gun. Also a family favorite was (and still is) National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (yes, I will sheepishly admit to thinking that Chevy Chase is funny).

Now, I can't help but wonder what Christmas Specials could be worse than KISS Saves Santa. I actually Googled "worst Christmas Specials" and found these titles: An Algonquin Round Table Christmas, The Assassination of St. Nicholas, Ayn Rand's A Selfish Christmas, The Lost Star Trek Christmas Episode - A Most Illogical Holiday, The Village People in Can't Stop the Christmas Music - On Ice!, Noam Chomsky: Deconstructing Christmas, and Christmas with the Nuge.

6 Comments:

Blogger Angelique said...

I love the Family Guy. Maybe it's all the popular culture references but it makes me laugh my ass off. A Christmas Story was great and you can actually buy a leg lamp online. I was bored one day and searched the internet. Ah, Christmas memories...I need some hot chocolate.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angel - oohhh, hot chocolate! I like peppermint patties - hot chocolate + peppermint schnapps + whip cream. :-P

6:32 AM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Wow. Your hot chocolate is so much cooler than my hot chocolate. Thanks for the tip, now I get to have my two loves in life combined, chocolate and alcohol, in one glorious drink.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Glad I could help - I think you'll like it. :-)

3:36 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Our daughter's favorite worst Christmas special is South Park, which featured Mr Hanky-the Christmas Poop.

Hot chocolate and peppermint scnapps is my FAVORITE winter treat! It just doesn't taste right in the summer. :(

5:46 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - How could I forget South Park Christmas episode? Sheesh - and I'm even a loyal South Park watcher. :-P I'm with you - the only time of year I have peppermint patties is in the winter.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home