Saturday, October 29, 2005

A Big Thumb's Up for Great America


We went to Great America today with two of H's friends, one of which (like me) will go on pretty much any ride that GA has and the other who was a bit more timid. The picture above is of the ride "Top Gun", and came complete with the Top Gun soundtrack while we were waiting in line. This was my favorite ride because I love the fact that my feet dangled - I even took off my sandals so that I wouldn't lose one somewhere along the way. The part where you go through the corkscrew and your head is above a pond with ducks sitting quietly was particularly amusing. I also went on the Grizzly wooden rollercoaster, which was not as much fun and a bit bumpy and cramped for my style. I would not recommend that ride unless you like being jostled around a bit. Another good "feet-free" one was Invertigo, where they take you up, stop, then let you drop and go through a couple of loops (although not as long and not as stomach-fluttering as Top Gun) was pretty fun. Sadly, I did not have enough time to go on The Vortex, which is a roller coaster where you are standing up - that will have to wait for my next visit, as will the Scooby Doo store. All in all though, Great America was worth the visit.

7 Comments:

Blogger tshsmom said...

Tilt-a-Whirls make me vomit. Roller coasters are out of the question!
You're a far braver soul than I.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia - this was small beans compared to jumping out of a plane (which I've done). However, now that I'm older, I can't handle quite as many rides in a row as I used to. :-P

TSHS - There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity.... or so I've heard. ;-)

7:36 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

We all need that adrenaline rush once in a while. ;)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Definitely - it's a rush I don't get from sitting on my ass (which I have been this past week). :-P

8:03 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Justice and Storm - Great America is in Santa Clara, CA. It reminds me a lot of the Six Flags theme parks. Do they have something like that in your neck of the woods?

11:15 AM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

The Demon! That's still my fav roller coaster there. It looks like you're going to bang your head against that one rock, and there's something about that ride that is just neat.

Love Great America. Junior hated it, but I guess he's too young. We dragged him on roller coasters and they scared him. Oh well. Maybe in a few years he'll like it.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - I didn't get to go on the Demon, I guess it will wait until next time. My son doesnt like rides either - I don't think that will change with age. :-P

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home