Monday, October 10, 2005

Tagged by Justice - Idiosyncrasies

Blogger bud, Justice, tagged me to list some of my idiosyncrasies. Here goes...

  • I love tomatoes and ketchup, but tomato soup makes me gag.
  • I love chocolate, but I can't stand hot fudge.
  • On the OCD theme, when I'm in my car, I lock the doors, then unlock them, then lock them again (just to be sure).
  • There are certain movies I will watch millions of times, even though there is no apparent reason (Fried Green Tomatoes, Jaws, Star Wars, As Good As It Gets, Bridget Jones, Austin Powers)
  • If I'm in a public restroom, I will only go #2 if there is no one else in the restroom, even if I'm about to explode.
  • I ALWAYS have to arrive at work at least 15 minutes earlier than I'm expected to so that I can mentally go through "my list" for the day.
  • Matter of fact, I always leave early for everything because I hate being late, even if it's only a few minutes late, and even at the expense of missing something important (like brushing my teeth or eating breakfast).
  • If clothing gets folded (by someone else) inside out, I unfold it, turn it right-side-out, then refold it my way.
  • I don't mind going fishing, it doesn't bother me if I run over a squirrel (or other rodent), and I can crush bugs like nobody's business, but it bothers me when I see a hurt or dead bird.
  • I can watch a movie with violence against humans (except children) and take it better than if I watch a show where there is cruelty towards animals, especially dogs or horses.

I'm sure I have more idiosyncrasies, but those are the ones I know about for certain. :-)

I tag Tessence, Bert, and TSHS mom - if they are up for the challenge. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - I grew up in the country so we had various dead animals around the farm and squirrels and other rodents were common. Plus, they aren't so cute once they get in your house and you can't get them out. :-P

Justice - I thought I was being weird - I didn't know other people did that too.

Julia - I can handle shredded cheese and I like it melted, but now that I think about it, I won't eat it plain.

4:48 PM  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

If I'm in a public restroom, I will only go #2 if there is no one else in the restroom, even if I'm about to explode.

One of the most important things I've ever learned was from the movie Annie, you know the one about that orphan girl. She said, "when you gotta go, you gotta go."

11:05 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

ZS - I wish I could be free like that. I'm sure that I've done my insides harm over the years. :-/

6:34 AM  
Blogger Bert said...

oooohhh! a challenge! i'm so on it. they keep expecting me to work while i'm in the office, though. go figure. i'll work on it tonight. thanks for the tag. :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I'll try to do it tomorrow. I LOVE this one!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Bert and TSHS - I'll look forward to reading about your idiosyncrasies. :-P

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home