Monday, August 06, 2007

This 'n That

I feel like a lot has happened lately, but not all of it I've been compelled to blog about. Here are a few things that have been going on:


  • On Sunday, we took K to Big Sur and to Pfeiffer Beach. We ate at the Nepenthe Inn and had steakburgers that K is still talking about today.
  • I have successfully fixed our refrigerator that was leaking water on the inside. Turns out, all I needed to do was defrost the freezer (which I've never done before), which looked like it has not been done in the 5 years since the fridge was made.
  • I've had the HOA blues because of a compliance request for violations from the previous owners. I'm trying to figure out why in the hell we pay dues (and an additional inspection fee) if we have to follow the rules, but the HOA does not bother following the rules to inspect each unit before transfer of ownership.
  • My last OB-GYN appointment turned out well. My AFP screening came out all negative, which is a good thing. My chances of having a baby with Down Syndrome is about 1 in 1500. I didn't catch the odds for neural tube defects or other chromosomal abnormalities, but they also came up "negative". According to the ultrasound, the baby is right on target with respect to size, and I've lost another pound. I'm starting to show and now have to get up multiple times at night to pee.
  • I am reading a portion of "Overcoming Autism" given to me by the parent of one of my little kiddos. She wants to know my impressions of the advice given in the book.
  • I have recently started to work with my first adult client in 8 years, which is a bit intimidating and challenging. It's pretty nice to not have to haul in a bunch of toys and crawl around on the floor in order to do therapy with her.
  • At night, after going swimming with K at the pool, I am reading fluff books by Janet Evanovich about a female Jersey bounty hunter with a penchant for big hair and a bad boy named Morelli.
  • I am kicking ass and taking names on the Sims 2 in my spare time (with K's help).
  • My mom is coming to visit for a week beginning next Monday, which I'm very excited about. I miss her.
  • Movies watched: 300 (on Blue Ray DVD), Zodiac, Live Free or Die Hard, Ocean's 13, American Graffiti. Looking forward to seeing Knocked Up when it comes out on DVD.
  • Have been helping K with algebra and we are getting to the point where I can no longer do some of the activities that he is supposed to be working on. How do I motivate my son to do math and explain the usefulness of algebra when I cannot remember how to do the things he's working on?
  • I've been putting off buying maternity clothes, which I can no longer postpone.
  • Tomorrow, I will embark on my search for soba noodles so that I can make Yakisoba for the first time. I need to "branch out" in the kitchen, so decided to try one new recipe a week.

10 Comments:

Blogger tweetey30 said...

Sounds like you are busy. But I have to admit keeping busy keeps us sane sometimes. I have some good news I will post later too on my blog. I will give a hint NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!!! LOL.... Sometimes I wish we would have tried for a third one but I am happy with our two girls.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Things have been busy, Tweets. But yeah, I get bored if I have too much time and not enough to do. Besides, the more I work, the more $ I bring in, which isn't bad with a baby coming. :-)

11:31 AM  
Blogger tweetey30 said...

I understand that one. They arent cheap. Happy working though but dont stress to much for the little guys sake. Take your time with things.

2:20 PM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

I hear ya on the Algebra! I finally had to start doing all the assignments myself, in order to refresh my memory and progress to the next level with Z.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - That's what I'm doing - looking at the assignments before hand and looking on the net for refreshers when I need to. The problem is that I was okay enough to get by in Algebra, but I never made a good tutor. :-/

6:08 PM  
Blogger S.M. Elliott said...

Hey, you've been havin' some fun! The Sims rock. I'm going to tackle Graceland one of these days, when I have a lot of spare time and a strong stomach. ;D

6:46 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

SME - Do you mean you're going to make a replica of Graceland? I can't even imagine tackling that! I just finished running a bakery. Now, my people are going to have a child so I can play the University.

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, a replica of Graceland. I did a series of famous historical houses (the Brontes' rectory, the Psycho house, Tycho Brahe's observatory), but this would be my most ambitious project to date. Tackiness on that grand scale isn't easy to replicate. ;D
I totally have to get Sims 2. Sims Complete only includes the original.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Enjoy those Sims, cause you know once the baby gets here you won't have a chance.

I wish I could be there to go maternity clothes shopping with you! And to lend you all of mine.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - I'm trying to enjoy my free time while I have it. I would not even begin to fit in your maternity clothes - you're much smaller than I am. :-P

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home