Saturday, September 17, 2005

Nintendogs

Okay, usually I am the model penny-saver. I don't usually give in to "temptation shopping", instead I think to myself "how much is this purchase compared to a week's worth of groceries?". One night, H and I went to Circuit City and directed me to the Nintendo DS display where they had Nintendogs. I had seen it before, but I was lukewarm about it...until my fated trip to Circuit City. I picked up the stylus, started petting the little puppy on the screen, and that was it - I had to get myself a DS and Nintendogs!

Now I am the proud owner of a DS and the Chihuahua version of Nintendogs. My little puppy is a little female Chihuahua named Lola. She is a bit stubborn and, even though she knows tricks and commands, I can't get her to perform at talent shows (which is a good way to make money). I take her for walks every day and, when there is trash on the ground, she eats it every time! Her last meal was spaghetti and meatballs. Ack!! I am trying to train her for an agility dog show, but when I throw the disk for her to catch, she runs to get it and won't bring it back, even with my stern commands like "Lola, come!" or "Loooolllaaaa.... COME!". The coolest thing is that Lola recognizes my voice because I talk to her through the microphone. She is very excited every time I come in the door and she always wants food and water! Just like a real dog....

11 Comments:

Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

I've never seen one of those. Maybe I need to get out more. :p

2:17 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Julia, I have a child, but he's almost 13 so I think my clock is ticking. Also, I used to have a Golden Retriever named Zoe who now lives with my mom. I miss her very much, but goldens are not suited for apartment living. :-/

ZS - I don't know. Maybe I'd be better if I didn't know about this thing because now I spend my free time taking care of my Nintendog. :-P

8:37 PM  
Blogger Angelique said...

Wow, you are like so cool! I had one of those low tech electronic pets a couple of years ago and I would always killed it accidentally because I forgot to feed it. Tell me how it works out. My husband is a big kid and he loves those kinds of toys.

1:53 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

Shoulda got the Lab version! Our son saved his money for this game before it even came out. He's been aceing dog shows and now has 3 puppies. Thank God this is a virtual reality. You'd have to be INSANE to have 3 Lab puppies!!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Angel - your hubby has to get a Nintendo DS and the Nintendogs game first - there are three versions of Nintendogs. I've been reading the manual that it comes with in-game and some online FAQ's through gamefaqs.com. If he's into tech toys, he should be able to figure it out pretty easily. :-)

TSHS - My b/f has the Dachsund version of the game and we go in "bark mode" and trade doggies that way. Not sure if I'm ready for a lab - the next dog I want is the mini Dachsund. They are so cute!

7:07 AM  
Blogger tshsmom said...

My son would LOVE to have someone else with this game to interract with! He isn't able to use that part of the game right now.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

TSHS - He doesn't have any friends to play DS with? It would be nice if you could do the bark mode over the computer from far distances, then somehow sync up the DS through the computer. :-P

12:59 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Justice - Best Buy is good, but we are regulars now at Frys. Either place is the debil!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

how come you always have so many comments on your posts? who are all these people?

9:00 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Tessence - They're people whose blogs I visit and leave comments on theirs. :-P

6:23 AM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Storm - I need to find a way to get a picture of my Nintendog onto my blog. I am ashamed to say that I deleted by Chihuahua and bought a Sheltie instead. My Sheltie is named Zeus and he's very smart - pics to come! :-)

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home