Friday, August 17, 2007

Just Call Me Miss Domestic

I usually get so stuck in my cooking rut that I don't branch out as much as I should. However, a couple of weeks ago, I got a wild hair and made my first Yakisoba dish ever. I had to hunt a bit to find soba noodles, and I never did find the chile paste that the recipe called for, but all-in-all, it was pretty good.
This is the peach cobbler that I make when I can actually find decent peaches. This time, I used white peaches, which still turned out well. This particular recipe I got off the allrecipes.com website.
And finally, I got enough fabric to make a flannel and chenille "raggy" quilt for Jellybean's crib. Tomorrow, we will go pick out his crib and hopefully a bumper and sheet set. I'm finally feeling the desire to get things in order for the little guy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely are domestic :) I love that allrecipes wesbite, by the way. I've gotten so many recipes from there, including one for a very good pumpkin bread.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Notta Wallflower said...

Kit- When I was working full time, I just didn't have the energy to be in the kitchen much. But now I've got a running list of things that I want to do before the baby comes. Hopefully I can get most of it done.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home